Dental Hygienists in Port Moody
The Importance of Dental Hygiene
What to Expect
Patient comfort is one of our top priorities. If you have questions about your appointment or dental hygiene treatments at any time, speak with our dental professionals directly. We are always happy to answer questions and accommodate requests when possible.
At your first appointment, we will examine your dental history and general health, including any medical conditions. This will help us deliver a more personalized and informed level of care.
Depending on your specific needs, you may receive various dental hygiene treatments at your appointment. Your dental hygienist will explain all treatments before delivering them and ask for your consent. Treatments may include:
- Fluoride treatments
- Basic oral cancer screening, in which the mouth tissues, head, and neck are examined for any abnormalities
- Scaling and root planing for gum disease
Maintaining Good Oral Hygiene at Home
Oral health starts at home! Our team of professional dental hygienists are eager to provide you with the tools and education you need to come into your next appointment smiling wide.
Here are a few general tips for maintaining your oral hygiene at home:
- Brush your teeth regularly using fluoride toothpaste to protect your tooth enamel.
- Remember to use a soft-bristle toothbrush to gently brush your gums, especially if you are at risk of developing gum disease.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. If you find regular dental floss difficult to use, plastic flossers are better than no floss at all!
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Remember, raw and crunchy fruits and vegetables are great for keeping your teeth in good condition!
- Stay up to date with your dental exams, dental hygiene appointments, and recommended dental treatments in your treatment plan. Prevention is always more effective than restoration.
Book Your Dental Hygiene Appointment Today
Our dental office offers a warm and welcoming environment with enthusiastic dental professionals. We look forward to providing you with everything you need to keep your teeth bright, shiny, and healthy!